Substitute Teachers ~ at this time we are accepting the following:
- Individuals holding Bachelor's degree or higher
- Individuals holding current Ohio standard teaching licenses/certificates
- Individuals holding Ohio substitute teaching licenses because their standard teaching licenses/certificates have expired (or they previously held out-of-state teaching licenses)
If an individual's Ohio standard license/certificate has expired, we will assist them in obtaining substitute licensure.
We will continue working with people assigned to us as student teachers, as well as those who are currently active on our substitute teacher list.
The following forms and information are provided for those people who meet the criteria listed above.
In order to substitute for Troy Schools, you must:
(Some forms can be completed online and then printed while others will have to be printed first and then filled out by hand.)
- COMPLETE THE ONLINE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
through the Dayton Area School Employment Consortium if you have not already done so.
- CONTACT KELLY HENDERSON AND REQUEST EMPLOYMENT PAPERWORK TO BE ELECTRONICALLY SIGNED AND RETURNED.
- ONCE COMPLETED THE HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSITANT WILL CONTACT YOU TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
At this appointment you will be fingerprinted and review all of the above paperwork. You will need to be BCII and FBI fingerprinted. Please let us know if you have been fingerprinted for either agency within the last 12 months.
- YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING AT THE TIME OF YOUR APPOINTMENT:
*A COPY OF YOUR CURRENT OHIO TEACHING CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: If you do not have your license, we will give you instructions on completing this process.
*PROVIDE US WITH PHOTOCOPIES (FRONT AND BACK) OF YOUR TRANSCRIPTS SHOWING GRADES AND DEGREES.
- PROMPTNESS IS IMPORTANT!
Fingerprints are valid for 12 months; if you do not follow through with the rest of the hiring requirements before 12 months have passed, you will have to be re-fingerprinted.
OTHER ITEMS OF INTEREST:
Contact the Human Resources Office if you have any questions, by e-mail or telephone: 937-332-6015.