Troy Online Academy

Last Updated: 4/6/2021 6:08 PM

 

A Troy Education
 

Troy Logo

 

 

 

Troy City Schools offers a K-12 full time online learning program.  The Troy Online Academy will give parents an online option for their students to receive a Troy education, taught by Troy teachers.

Please note that there is an application process and not all applicants may qualify.

 

 

Register Now

“Our family used TOA for elementary, 6th grade, and high school this year. The curriculum was really well organized and after some tech issues, we got the hang of it. The teachers were all very supportive and engaged. The kids learned so much this year and I felt supported as a parent as well. We will be using TOA again.”
- Stephanie Smith (parent)

 

 

The Trojan Way

 

CheckThe Benefits of A Troy Education:

 

 

Troy online courses are written and updated by Troy teachers and administrators.  The courses align with classroom instruction, are rigorous and relevant for 21st century skills, and are designed to be engaging for all students.  

 

CheckBeing A Troy Student:

 

 

 

Students who are accepted to the Troy Online Academy remain connected to Troy City Schools and the Troy Community.  The Troy Online Academy academics are based on state learning standards, not seat time. Students will be required to participate in virtual sessions with their teachers and classmates however the Troy Online Academy offers flexibility and is a best-fit option for our students who want the online learning experience.  Students may participate in sports, extracurricular activities, and have access to a variety of school support personnel.

 

CheckIs Troy Online Academy the Best-Fit?

 

 

 

Online courses offer many benefits to students however the online experience does not look like a traditional school day. In Troy Online Academy, 40% - 60% of a student’s learning comes through lessons that are provided in Canvas, where students will engage when it fits their schedule.  The other 40% - 60% of a student’s learning comes through required live instruction with the teacher in virtual sessions.  The Troy Online Academy requires a commitment from students and may not be a best-fit option for all students.  Please be aware that not all in-person classes are offered at the Troy Online Academy.

 

 

CheckMore Testimonials From Current TOA Parents and Teachers:

 

 

"My children excelled this school year at TOA. Their teachers did an amazing job in making sure the kids could do their work independently but also checking in with them daily (sometimes multiple times a day) to ensure they had support when needed!"

-Morgan Cameron (parent)

“In this year of many unknowns, one thing I didn’t have to worry about was my son’s education. His teacher(s) did an incredible job”  

-Cailyn Johns (parent)

"I feel as though I have created lasting relationships with my students and families that have had a huge impact on my teaching career. The Online Academy created a new type of communication where I believe I interacted with families and students even more than I was able to in the classroom and on a completely different level that fit the needs of each of my families."

-Julie Young (2nd-grade TOA teacher)

“I love the Troy Online Academy!”

-Anonymous TOA parent

 

Grades K-5 Details

Grades 6-8 Details

Grades 9-12 Details

FAQ