WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW AS A STUDENT
- The Chromebook is to be used as a tool for learning.
- The Chromebook is a required daily resource and you must bring the Chromebook to school every day, fully charged.
- You may be required to use the Chromebook to complete assignments at home.
- The district will not be providing a case for the Chromebook. You can purchase and use one if you would like. The Chromebook must be returned at the end of the school year WITHOUT a case.
- You are financially responsible for any intentional, willful, or malicious damage to the Chromebook.
- You are financially responsible for any accidental damage beyond the limited insurance policy (see details on insurance below).
- Damaged Chromebooks should be brought to the school’s attention immediately so that repairs can be made. Under no circumstances should you or anyone else attempt to repair a Chromebook.
- The Chromebook will have Internet filtering and device monitoring software installed and this will be active both in school and at home.
We have set up a Student/Parent support helpline.
Please email email@example.com or if you prefer to talk to someone you can call 937-332-6099. If you do not get an answer please leave a detailed message with a callback number and someone will call you back as soon as possible.
Our hours are 7:00am-3:30pm Monday-Friday.
This email/phone number is for technical support only. Please contact the teacher or building principal with any curricular questions.
A limited insurance plan is included as part of school fees for ALL Troy City Schools student Chromebooks. No application or enrollment is required. The plan will only cover two (2) incidences per school year totaling no more than $200 per year. Any costs above and beyond the two (2) incidences and/or the $200 limit will be the responsibility of the student/parent.
The charger is NOT covered and is the sole responsibility of the student/parent.
Coverage is 24 hours per day.
Damage(s) due to intentional, reckless, willful, wanton and/or malicious conduct is not covered. The building administration and/or technology department will determine if damages are accidental or due to negligence.
Lost devices will not be covered by the plan.
Stolen devices will be covered by plan as long as the parent/guardian submits to the school district a filed police report for the stolen device.
How Do I.....Common Questions and Answers about the Chromebook
See a list of Chromebook Fines for Damage/Loss
List of Chromebook Models by Grade